Submissions are currently being accepted for Issue four: Barriers.
We face barriers every day, and they can take many forms. We want to hear about your barriers, whether you’ve overcome them, and how they affect you.
Issue four will be a collective response exploring what stops us from doing what we want or need to do.
Deadline: 11 February 2019
There are loads of other ways that we’d love for you to get involved. Tag us in your artwork on Instagram or send over a link to your latest blog post and we’ll share on our social media.
Guidelines for all submissions
- We are an inclusive space, and as such we don’t accept anything derogatory, sexist, transphobic etc. Keep it clean. Keep it nice.
- We accept work in all forms: art, photos, stories, real life accounts, collage and more
- Please provide contact details and social media user names.
- The work needs to be your own and if you are referencing another’s work, make sure you have permission to do so.
- With each piece, we need a few words explaining why you chose to create it and how it links to the theme of the issue.
- You don’t need to have a condition to submit, it could be a friend’s, family member’s or partner’s condition you are responding to.
- We don’t accept work that promotes racism, sexism, harassment or is in any way derogatory.
- We can’t publish all the work we receive, however, we will always respond, provide feedback if required or direct you to other projects.
Submit your work to: email@example.com
What’s in it for me?
- A free copy of the zine plus goodies.
- Accreditation of your work and permission to use Drawn Poorly as part of your portfolio or CV.
- An opportunity to engage with like minded creatives.
- Your work shared and celebrated on our social media.
- Supporting a campaign to help eliminate the stigma associated with chronic illness, mental health and disability.